China Babies Adoption Research

China Babies Adoption Research
China Babies Adoption Research

Monday, October 01, 2007

Judging solves nothing

Alex's Notes: It always amazes me to see the self riteous judging of others without knowing the facts or understanding the circumstances. This entire 'International Adoption is Bad" movement blows my mind, for exactly the reasons this poster stated.

Nothing in the world is perfect, especially something designed by humans, and my wife and I are in the exact same situation, if domestic adoption were a better alternative than adopting through the extremely efficient Chinese Adoption system, we would have adopted domestically.

Once again, the ancient words apply, maybe we should pull that gigantic plank out of our own eye and fix our own country before we start pointing fingers. It only makes us look like idiots for judging.

----------------

Public Forum Letter
Article Last Updated: 09/29/2007 12:33:01 PM MDT


My family recently adopted a baby girl from China, and she is the most amazing little sister I could have ever imagined.
However, lately it has been brought to my attention by several individuals I know that some consider it inappropriate for Americans to adopt babies from other countries. The personal attacks that both I and my parents have faced on this issue have been appalling. I think it should be understandable to anyone that a child's life is important regardless of where it was born.
That statement is, I'll admit, not the only reason behind us adopting. My family wanted another baby, and quite frankly, China's adoption program is more stable than America's. If international adoption is offensive to some American citizens, then I say look at the problems with the American system and work to fix them. Don't decide not to act and then think you have the right to judge my family for loving an innocent little girl. If you request change, you must work for it. Judging solves nothing.

Elise Grongstad
Salt Lake City

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: